All I can say is this was a quick and DELICIOUS recipe. It took me about 30 min to make and my family loved it. I love pesto so anything with pesto in it has to be good. This time instead of cooking chicken I bought precooked chicken in a bag and just heated it up. I did not have time today to put a ton of effort into cooking, so going with precooked chicken was perfect and it turned out perfectly! Enjoy 😉
• 10 oz. gluten free penne* or other pasta
• olive oil
• salt and pepper
• 1 Tbsp all purpose seasoning mix for chicken*
• 3-4 chicken breasts
• 1/2 cup homemade or prepared pesto
• 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
• Parmesan Reggiano, for serving (optional)
1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions, drain and toss with just enough olive oil to prevent noodles from sticking together while preparing the rest of the dish.
2. While pasta is cooking, heat the grill to medium-high heat. Brush olive oil on both sides of the chicken. Season with salt, pepper, and chicken seasoning.
3. Grill the chicken breasts for 4-5 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through. Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes before slicing it.
4. Drain the oil from the sun dried tomatoes and chop into smaller pieces if you prefer.
5. Place empty pot used for pasta back on the stove at medium heat. Add sun dried tomatoes to the pan and saute for a few minutes, until fragrant.
6. Add the heavy whipping cream and pesto. Stir until incorporated.
7. Stir in the cooked pasta and sliced chicken.
8. Serve and top with finely grated parmesan cheese.