Had this yummy dish the other night and thought I would share it with y’all. It was loved by all, kids included. The side dishes were pasta and honey roasted carrots. The chicken was delicious. This is a must try dish. If you don’t like the taste of lemon on your chicken then stay away from this because you can definitely taste lemon on this chicken. It’s not really strong but just the perfect touch of citrus to notice it.
HONEY CITRUS GRILLED CHICKEN WITH BASIL BUTTER
• juice of 2 lemons
• juice of 2 limes
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 2 cloves minced garlic
• 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 1/2 cup butter, room temperature (I used Challenge Butter)
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 cup minced fresh basil leaves
• 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, optional
1. Whisk all marinade ingredients together. Place chicken in a zip-top bag and pour marinade on top. Marinate for at least 3 hours.
1. Combine all the butter ingredients in a small bowl and using a fork combine evenly. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. When ready remove chicken from the refrigerator. Preheat your grill to medium high heat. Grill chicken for 6-7 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of your chicken.
3. Remove from grill and serve with a pat of basil butter on each chicken breast.